Raith is a medium-sized, steadily growing company with 200 employees worldwide, encouraging a straightforward corporate culture. As a developer and manufacturer of complex nanofabrication systems we provide solutions for our customers in the fields of industry, science and basic research to enhance the quality of products and processes that shape the future of nanofabrication.
We are member of the international training network (ITN) QuESTech - a consortium of 7 leading European research laboratories and 2 high-tech companies. Supported by the European Community, QuESTech will provide a challenging, state-of-the-art training for young researchers in the general field of experimental, applied, and theoretical quantum electronics. The main scientific topics include spintronics, molecular electronics, single electronics, transport in low-dimensional structures, and quantum thermodynamics.
We have a full-time vacancy for:
PhD Student (m/f)
at our Headquarter in Dortmund. The program starts in 2018 (Q3)
- Developing a novel Electron Beam Induced Deposition process for insulating and metallic materials with lateral feature size in the range of 20 nm
- Enhanced recipes for EBL in various kinds of resists for multiple angle evaporation, with intermediate surface treatments
- Fabrication of EBL samples requiring enhanced recipes.
- Take part in secondments at different project partners
- MSc or equivalent in Physics or Applied Physics
- Knowledge in the field of vacuum technology, microscopy or micro structuring
- High quality awareness
- Good command of English language
- Ability to work in a team including high level communication skills
- Fulfilling the European mobility rules
If this is just what you are looking for, please apply by email. We can only accept online applications with a PDF attachment.