Raith is a medium-sized, steadily growing company with 200 employees worldwide, encouraging a team-oriented corporate
culture. As a developer and manufacturer of complex nanofabrication systems we provide solutions for our customers in the
fields of industry, science and basic research to enhance the quality of products and processes that shape the future of
Raith America, Inc. operates two locations in the United States (Islandia, NY and Troy, NY). We are a company of scientists,
engineers and professionals committed to selling, installing and supporting these complex systems for our customers in the
Americas. As our installation base grows, we are increasing our regional support staff and have a full-time vacancy for:
Customer Application and Support Engineer
This position will be based out of your home office, supporting our Customers in Southern California, USA – home office
must be in proximity to a major airport. If you have a passion for instrumentation and a solid background and interest in
engineering, electronics, and/or physics, this is the career for you. Entry level candidates will be considered, along with
candidates who have extensive hands-on experience with scientific instrumentation.
- Utilize technical and applications expertise to gather data and interpret data, and deliver solutions for the Customer’s issues
- Work directly with Raith Tech Support/Engineering and Customer Engineering to solve complex equipment and applications problems quickly and effectively
- Become an expert in supporting Raith products and provide training and support to Raith staff and Customers
- Provide first-line and second level escalation support for hardware and software related issues
- Perform instrument upgrades in the field
- Provide regular status updates to Supervisor and Customer, including accompanying documentation
- Communicate with colleagues and customers at a professional and proactive level.
- Exceptional team working and communication skills are critically important as well as the individual being solution driven and customer oriented.
- Outstanding documentation and problem solving skills.
- Experience in servicing equipment (installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs)
- Proficiency with test equipment and hands on experience with scientific instrumentation.
- A willingness to travel for business (primarily in Southern California, and occasionally to other locations in the Americas)
- An Associate’s degree in an Electronics or Science related field with 4 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in an Engineering, Electronics, Physics or Science related field
If you would like to explore this career opportunity, please apply by email. We will only accept applications with a PDF attachment